WomenPowerConnect is an Advocacy Based body working towards several issues which involves gender, child sex ratio, female feticide (sex selective abortion), women farmers and their land rights, domestic violence, migration and HIV, honor killing, child abuse and labour and many other related issues. We are presently a) providing trainings to the NGO’s as well as Corporates on the issues of Domestic Violence, Leadership, and Sexual Harassment at Workplace etc. b) working strongly towards advocacy on Women’s Reservation c) associated in different engagements with the Youth as part of projects focusing on Youth Engagement. We are also planning to extend our work domain with more work related to education, youth engagement, legal knowledge etc.
The internship from WPC will help the candidate gain a lot of knowledge regarding advocacy, research, communication etc. The interns will be working closely with the team of WPC in any of the projects (in whichever project will be assigned to them). WPC will determine the scope of work for the candidate during the internship and work will be assigned as per capability of the intern.
Internship in WPC is open throughout the year, but duration of internship may vary starting from One month till Nine months (not more).
The interns who will be selected for internship should strictly adhere by the timings of the organization. Timing of the interns shall be from 10:00am till 6:00pm. Internship is a full time programme in WPC.
There is no off day for the interns accept Saturday and Sunday (only if there is no urgent work, workshop, training or any other unavoidable activity) and the national holidays. In case, the intern wants to take a day off due to medical reasons, then the intern needs to compensate that off by working extra day out of the internship period.
- Internship positions are open to everyone (Indian Nationals+ Foreigners).
- The candidate must be interested to work with WPC as it is a network based body and not a grass root organization.
- The intern must have good interest towards research, trainings and workshops. The added help will be if the intern will have a good communication skill both, written and oral in English and Hindi.
- The candidate who wants to apply for the internship must be at least in her/his 2nd year of College (humanities preferably, other subjects can be considered if the intern is interested to work in the fields of Gender, Diversity, Women, Advocacy, Health, etc.).
- Candidates pursuing masters or having completed their masters.
- Good Conduct needs to be maintained. If it is not maintained the head of the institution will be intimated and strict disciplinary action would be taken, which might result into immediate termination.
- In case of fraud regarding the certificates (mark sheets or any other course certificate) of school and college, any institution, the intern will be terminated.
Procedure to Apply
- Candidates interested to intern with us can write to us and share their CV and area of interest in, firstname.lastname@example.org and cc the mail to email@example.com .
- Candidate must share a letter of intent along with the mail.
- Candidates must share at least two to three papers or articles written by them along with the mail if selected for internship.
- Selected candidates will get a response back from the team through mail or telephone.
- Selected interns might be called for a small interaction to understand better the opportunities.
- The internship in WPC (WomenPowerConnect) is non-paid. WPC will not reimburse fooding, lodging or travel.
- Interns can put their travel claim in case they had to travel alone for some event (within Delhi). Generally, one of the team members accompany the interns.