WomenPowerConnect (WPC) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to gender justice and women’s empowerment. WPC serves as the largest advocacy body for women in India, working to ensure the effective implementation of gender friendly legislation and ensuring the active participation of women in policy outcomes.
It is a membership based organization with both individual and institutional members committed to creating gender balanced society. As of date it has a membership base of 1400, in 28 states. WPC strives to influence, promote and provide input for creating gender-sensitive policies and legislations. The priority issues on which WPC has been working are:
- Passage of the Women’s Reservation Bill
- Effective Implementation of the Protection of Women Against Domestic Violence (PWDV) Act
- Putting into practice Gender Budgeting process
- Tabling and Passage of the Protection of Women against Sexual Harassment Bill
- Arresting declining child sex ratio and the implementation of the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act